Monday, September 25, 2017

No Tox Life Review

*HI GUYS*

((lol I am always buying or being gifted handmade soaps etc and I feel like I'm definitely qualified to basically publicly judge peoples' products online))

When I was in LA this summer I ran across this brand call No Tox Life while shopping at Melrose Trading Post (where I also met Tyler, the Creator!!). Melrose Trading Post is basically this huge open air market, and I had a lot of fun looking around at all the vintage clothes, jewelry, cameras.. there was a lot of cool stuff, and a lot of soapmakers there too! I like to ask a lot of questions to the people I see at soap booths, and I was surprised that lots of people couldn't tell me wether or not they were selling mp or cp...

I really love No Tox Life's concept and display, and I was impressed by the range of products they had at their booth and online. They really seem on top of things: they have a brick and mortar, attend four weekly markets, have a calendar full of special events, and products in stores around the country! They also hold workshops, which is cool and something I would like to do one day!

An excerpt from their website sums up everything:

No Tox Life is a locally made natural bath and body line. We are a women-owned and -operated company, and we make all of our products by hand in our Glassell Park workshop. We make 200+ different products, ranging from facial care, to deodorant, soap, lotions, bath salts and candles. We even have pet care and essential oils.

Pretty cool!

I had a hard time choosing which product to get.. everything looked so good and I am BAD at making decisions..but I settled on The Traveller Soap Collection. It includes 12 samples of cold process soap, and I'm really happy with it because it has great variety!

The collection came with 12 random samples, and as you can see everything is so pretty and small :) 
All natural, lots of herbs and EOs, although they do use mineral colorant, mica, and FOs. I've always been a fan of the natural look, but No Tox Life proves you can get a lot of nice colors and textures without synthetic materials. 

((I have to say I used some soaps up before I could write this post, idk why I didn't take photos of everything before I started using it smh))
Top Left: Spicy, musky fragrance. Brown color, I'm assuming this is due to vanillin content. Maroon mica on top: overall very pretty. 
Top Right: Soft, sweet fragrance. Definitely cinnamon and honey. Really love the oats on top and poppyseed for exfoliation! 
This soap has such a beautiful pale blue color!! It smells like tea tree. ((update: i think I found this bar here. If so, I was right with tea tree!)) ((update #2: might also be this bar))
This bar is really sweet smelling and earthy at the same time.. honestly it smells like cornbread. There is some type of exfoliant in here but I don't know what it is..I think its some type of flower. 
This smells like citrus too.. and some type of exfoliant that's making it speckled.
This is a really brightly colored bar! It definitely has citrus in it. 
This is a rose clay colored bar, and I think it's dried rose petals on top. Whatever it's scented with is not very strong and not a true rose scent. 
A calendula bar!! I've made a very similar soap in the past for my soap the rainbow
'yellow' entry. This has the same honey scent as the poppyseed soap. 
I think this is an oatmeal milk and honey type bar. It has that really lovely milky scent..one of my faves. There is ground oatmeal on top of and inside the soap! So yummy. ((update: found the bar here! Oats and Chamomile))
Smells like chocolate!! It's pretty spicy too, maybe there's chili powder in here. ((update: found the bar here!! Raw Peruvian Cacao WITH spicy chipotle. Dang I'm pretty good.))

Last but not least, this little coffee scented soap! It's gotta be ground coffee beans inside. I'm really excited to use all the exfoliating soaps bc I love feeling all the little gritty bits on my skin x)

I'm super excited to use all these beautiful little soaps!! The ones I used already had average lather, were not drying, but you could tell right away they were olive oil soaps because they have that slimy film and did not last very long time. I tried to keep them dry but even still they only lasted like 2 weeks being used every day. These soaps also stained a few washclothes, be careful when using naturally colored soaps that are dark from vanilla, coffee, cocoa etc because they do produce colored lather and will stain fabric, although my skin and the shower were fine.

The sampler cost me $12 before tax and that was for 12 samples, altogether just a little more than 1 bar of soap. 12 dollars for one bar is expensive, but you get great variety and its fun to use different soap all the time! I would recommend this product to anyone and it would make a great gift.


This was really fun to do, it was hard to review these soaps cuz I had to guess their identities from the No Tox Life website, but I liked doing this and I think I will do another SHORT one soon.
((Yay!! Ok this has been my longest post ever. Bye!))